How is the dino-lite digital microscope used? Is the setup easy or are there a lot of steps involved in the process?
Hi Adam, the setup and installation of the DinoCapture software is very simple and can be completed in a few short steps. Make sure you install the software first; the included instructions will guide you through the process. Make sure you plug the device in AFTER you've installed the DinoCapture software.
Once the software is installed and you've plugged in your Dino-Lite digital microscope, now it's time to begin specimen examination.
Note: When using any microscope, whether traditional or digital, always begin observing using the lowest magnification setting.
1. Point the Dino-Lite at the specimen you wish to observe.
2. Slowly turn the adjustment knob using your thumb until the image comes into focus on the screen.
3. Continue turning the knob to adjust to a greater magnification, if desired.
4. When the image is at your desired focus, click on the "picture" button to snap a photo. Of, if you're using a Dino-Lite model with the MicroTouch feature, just tap the button located on the end of the device.
5. The picture will appear under the picture tab on the left-hand side of your screen. If you want to open it or make it larger, simply double click the image.
6. Here is where you will see a toolbar with various options, such as adding text to the image, changing the resolution and emailing the image.
I hope this helps! Enjoy your new Dino-Lite.